0
products in your shopping cart
Total:   $0.00 details
There are no products in your shopping cart!
We hope it's not for long.

Visit the shop

Sustainability

A Global Water Crisis

Is there a water crisis?

Growing public awareness of the environmental impact of bottled water—along with the contamination, privatization, and rapid disintegration of municipal water supply systems—has created an undeniable need for pure, safe, and ecologically responsible drinking water alternatives. Increasingly, water is becoming a severely limited resource for regions around the globe. About one-third of the world’s population lives in countries that are experiencing water stress. In Asia, where water has always been regarded as an abundant resource, per capita water availability declined by 40-60% between 1955 and 1990. Projections suggest that most Asian countries will have severe water problems by the year 2025. Historically, most of Africa has been water-poor.

Water scarcity is typically caused by dry climates, drought, desiccation, or water stress. Water scarcity caused by drought has killed over 24,000 people a year since the 1970’s, and over 40% of the world’s population now experiences water shortages that threaten their agriculture and industry as well as their personal health. Today over a billion people do not have access to clean drinking water and by 2025 at least 3 billion people in 90 different countries are expected to face severe water stress. The problem is not just a shortage of water, but also the wasteful and unsustainable use of available water supplies.

The Impact of Bottled Water

Americans consumed 8.8 billion gallons of bottled water in 2008. It took more than 17 million barrels of oil to make the packaging and plastic for this water, not including the energy it took to deliver the bottles to the point of sale. This is enough oil to make the gasoline to fuel 100,000 automobiles for more than a year.

The plastic bottle manufacturing process produces more than 2.5 million tons of carbon dioxide and wastes more than 327 million gallons of water just to make the water that is bottled.

Less than 20 percent of the plastic in these bottles is actually recycled. The remaining 80% of all bottled water plastic bottles wind up in landfills, and it can take 1,000 years or more for these bottles to decompose. For today’s eco-conscious consumer, purchasing bottled water is simply no longer a responsible option.

An Unlimited Supply of Water

Remember, just 3 percent of the world’s water is fresh. Of that, most is locked in the ground, glaciers, or ice caps. That leaves about 1 percent for the world’s 6.6 billion people. As population grows, so does demand for water—but at two to three times the rate.

…But there is good news! We have a nearly unlimited supply of moisture—in the air all around us. At any one time, there are 3.1 quadrillion gallons of free water in the atmosphere, and this amount of available fresh water never changes.

Here’s where the dewpointe® comes in. Through innovative technology, the dewpointe® extracts this precious moisture from the air and gives us pure, pristine atmospheric drinking water.

By tapping into the abundant moisture in the atmosphere, the dewpointe® maintains its own sustainable water supply, thus preserving our aquifers and natural fresh water resources. Nothing needs to be recycled, no energy is required to produce or transport bottles, nor is any carbon dioxide generated to create dewpointe® water. Only the revolutionary dewpointe® offers a positive solution to the water crisis by providing a safe, dependable, sustainable supply of drinking water for your family or business.

The dewpointe®
Atmospheric Water Generator
for a sustainable world.

dewpointe Leaf

Learn about the water crisis.

No comments

The comments are closed.